For teachers and students of English

martes, 19 de diciembre de 2017

THE PASSIVE VOICE AND CAUSATIVE VERBS


WHAT ARE CAUSATIVE VERBS?
When we talk about actions which we cause to happen but don't actually do ourselves, we use CAUSATIVE verbs.


SOME FREQUENTLY USED CAUSATIVE VERBS:

let
to allow someone to do something or have something
She let me use her camera.
I let her have some money.

make
to force someone to do something
You can’t make me go.

have
to arrange for someone to do something for you
I’m having my hair cut this afternoon.
I’m having the house painted.

get
to arrange for someone to do something for you
Could you get the kids dressed?
I need to get my hair cut.

HAVE AND GET 

HAVE

We use this verb when we want someone to do something for us.
I'm having the house painted.
GET
We use GET in a similar way to HAVE but it is more informal.
I finally got the car fixed.


PASSIVE FORMS VIDEO, EXPLANATION AND ACTIVITIES

passive_forms_VIDEO_transcript_0.pdf

EXPLANATION_passive_forms_0.pdf

passive_forms_-_exercises_0.pdf


CAUSATIVE VERBS AND PASSIVE VOICE worksheet pdf

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario